now browsing by tag
10 tips ebt food stamps game plan groceries grocery shopping grocery store health healthy eating healthy tips holiday myplate nutrition recipes shopping shopping on a budget small steps snap snap-ebt snapebt thanksgiving where can i shop with food stamps where can i used my snap ebt card
Small steps lead to BIG changes
Create an eating style that can improve your health now and in the future by making small changes over time. Consider changes that reflect your personal preferences, culture and traditions. Think of each change as a “win” as you build positive habits and find solutions that reflect your healthy eating style.
A FEW TIPS
- Focus on whole fruits more often than drinking 100% juice.
- Vary your veggies to include green, red, and orange choices.
- Choose whole-grain foods more often than refined grains. Make at least half the amount of grains you eat each day whole grains.
- Buy low-fat or fat-free cheese more often than regular cheese.
- Mix up your protein foods to include seafood, beans, nuts, seeds, soy, eggs, lean meats, and poultry.
- Read the Nutrition Facts labels to find products with less saturated fat and sodium.
- Cut back on sugary beverages such as fruit drinks and soda.